Maps & Directions

Maps & Directions to WATR Places

 Jackson County

Swain County

  • Swain Senior Center

From Route 74, take Exit 67 – come down Veterans Boulevard (aka Fast Food Alley).  At first traffic light, go straight.At second traffic light, turn left. (You are now on Rt. 19, headed toward Alarka Creek). Go past the entrance to Ingles Supermarket, and take an immediate left onto Hughes Branch Road.Take the first right onto Brendle St. The Swain Senior Center is on the left.

Driving on Rt 74 from Sylva, take exit 69 (Hyatt Road).  At the exit, do not take a hard right to the Hyatt Bridge, instead go across the intersection and turn on to Walker Woody Road.  Stay on that road until the stop sign just before the bridge over the Tuckasegee River.  DO NOT go over the river, instead stay left.  The road is Main Street, Rt 19 that goes through Bryson City.  As you pass the Hot Spot on the left, slow down.  On the right, you will see the WATR sign.  The WATR office is in an old house painted yellow-gold with an orange roof.  Turn into the driveway, park and enter in the lower level.

  • Directions to Bryson City United Methodist Church: Fellowship Hall
    Directions: From Rt. 74, take exit 67 to Bryson City. As you come down the hill, take a right just after the Bojangles. (The right  is onto Academy Street, but – alas – the street sign was ripped off.) Go ½ block and the Fellowship Hall & parking are on the left.

Cherokee Qualla Boundary, aka Reservation