All About Water: Watershed Film Series #3 Coming November 15th
The theme of this Film night is “It’s Our Water”. This will be our third presentation of environmentally thought-provoking videos in our Watershed Film Series. Instead of one long film, the program includes four snappy videos – (less than 5-8 minutes each) covering issues from litter to bottled water. We include brief presentations about tap water in Bryson City and Sylva, and offer everyone a water taste test. Our local drinking water supply from non Tuckasegee river sources is a good-water-news story in the midst of challenging issues of nearby Tuckasegee river water, including unsightly litter, local instances of bacterial pollutions, and muddy water problems due to erosion that harm fish and insect populations.
At the end of the films and related discussion, we’ll hold a short WATR business meeting where your input is valued. Come learn about important water issues that affect us all, and catch up on WATR-sponsored river and creek protection efforts. Enjoy the company of people like you – interested in protecting our natural resources for generations to come.
- When: Thursday, November 15, 6:30 socialize and then 7:00 to 8:30 meeting. Snacks provided.
- Where: Fellowship Hall of the Bryson City United Methodist Church.
- Directions: From Rt. 74, take exit 67 and come down the hill. Take the first right, just after Bojangles, on to Academy Street. Park and come into the Fellowship Hall at the back of the church.
- Directions for Swain folks: Come to the back of the church for the easiest parking and entrance to the Fellowship Hall.
See more directions here.
- Need more info? Call 828-488-8418.